Recognizing that resource efficiency is a crucial element of a growing and sustainable economy, we, the Members of Biodiversity Sri Lanka, pledge to make resource efficiency a priority in our businesses and reduce waste generated through our operations to a minimal or zero level.
- Reducing energy consumption, water usage and our use of raw materials, making all efforts to change our consumption patterns to more durable and renewable sources.
- Making all possible efforts to up-cycle and recycle plastic waste and to eliminate the use of non-recyclable plastic arising from our business and our business operations.
- Collaborating with other businesses to re-use materials rather than land filling them, composting organic waste and designing systems to sort and collect recyclable materials, disposing of them responsibly.
- Making maximum efforts to minimize packaging requirements; manufacture or use reusable packaging and increase the use of durable equipment and supplies, changing our procurement patterns to sourcing resource efficient products and services and reusing them as far as possible.
- Reducing the use of hazardous constituents and if we do so, disposing of them responsibly.
- Implementing measures to reduce Green House Gas emissions, increasing the usage of hybrid and electric vehicles, developing a car-share scheme for staff and encouraging more use of public transport by our staff.
- Working on a management plan to engage and support our supply chain to implement sustainable and resource efficient practices and to undertake a life cycle management approach for our products.
- Establishing a resource monitoring system using the available technological tools and specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound (SMART) targets to use resources more efficiently.
- Bench-marking and comparing our performance against accepted best practice, working collaboratively with our stakeholders.